Monday, May 9, 2011

Food Allergies

  • My brother is allergic to milk, barley, oats, hazelnuts, chickpeas, wheat, and eggs.
  • I'm allergic to peanuts, shrimp, lobster, raspberries, cats, and bunnies.
  • My mother is allergic to apples, artichokes,  bananas. and sugar (she's hypoglycemic.), and cats and dogs.
  • My father is allergic to peanuts (though he can deal with small amounts usually), shrimp, crab and cats.


Well, seems odd huh? It's true and there are other kids like my brother and I. 



Some kids can't have soy, beef, or any kind of nuts. Can you imagine how hard that must be?









 Books for kids about food allergies.







Do you like chocolate bars? There is a special type of chocolate made of minty rice made in a special store my brother can eat!! It taste better that Hershey's!

And that is saying a lot.

But don't worry about us, my mom finds lots of nutritious and yummy recipes to make for us. 

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment