Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas!






School was so much fun on Thursday. First we ate candy canes while we worked on a Christmas activity. Then, we had an acrobatic assembly. The guy uni-cycled down the hall and into the men's room. His exact words: "Now I'm uni-cycling into the hall and I'm going into the men's room. Here, I'll flush a toilet to prove it, (sound of toilet flushing.) I'm leaving the men's room and going into the women's room no I'm not! Woah, there's a steep ramp and I'm gonna fall!!".  

Then, we made care packages for soldiers in Afghanistan for Mrs. Butterscotch's son-in-law to take back with him. We went to the multi-purpose room and learned about the war from him. If my fellow classmates were in Afghanistan, boys would be farming with girls who would also do laundry. Rather go to school. 

After that we went to the library (as a class) and watched a fan video about Jeff Kinney. Then we had lunch. The teachers played Christmas music and the kids in the cafeteria got up and danced. Most of the girls stayed put. The boys flew off the handle. Hmm, wonder why?


I sat next to Ashley and Leah. We play games at lunch like tag and a rather violent bump-the-person-next-to-you-until-they-scream-and-attack-you. Today we were acting crazy. Leah is usually really calm, and so is Ashley, so I think they had too much candy cane, because when I was leaving the cafeteria Ashley snuck up on me and grabbed my shoulders and and jumped and shouted "GAAHH!" I was so scared I turned to see who it was. Leah had no expression on her face and came behind some kid with bright blue hair. Ashley quickly walked past me with this guilty smile on her face.


After lunch my math teacher read "The Quilt Maker's Gift." Afterwards we did a craft on a gift we'd like to give somebody. Then, we watched the Bee Movie. It was okay, I guess.

True: Christmas isn't about snow or decorations or presents. It's about celebrating the birth of Christ.


False: The true meaning of Christmas is about presents and believing (in Santa Claus).


No comments:

Post a Comment