Monday, December 24, 2012

My Christmas Eve, and Review of Snowmen At Christmas

Okay.. so today's Christmas Eve. I didn't do much except watch TV with my Grandma . My brother spent most of his time on the computer, and my Grandma slept mostly. My parents went out to do last minute Christmas shopping, and when they returned we had steak for dinner, and Grandma, Naren and I spent the rest of the night watching TV while I finished making presents.

BTW: I actually created the presents for my family(with the exception of Monty).
Mom - Beige scarf
Dad - Yellow scarf
Grandma - Pillow made from old pajama material
Naren - Shirt/Smock
Monty - Ball

Of course, this book is appropriate for the occasion.



Plot

This book begins with a little boy who fantasizes about the snowman he has just created. He imagines the snow people coming to life and dragging each other to the center of town in wagons and sleighs. Then they decorate their large Christmas tree, hanging balls of snow high on it. The mothers hand out treats such as ice cream, while the kids play games like Freeze tag. Next, everyone starts to dance, and sashay. Finally they all see Santa(made of snow), and he hands out presents(made of snow) to everyone. Everyone then watches Santa take off in his sleigh, and begin to sing around their Christmas tree. In the end, everybody is tired, and goes home, returning to their places, happy and jolly.

Conclusion

In first grade a mom of another child read us this book in class, and I immediately liked it, so much in fact, that my mother got it for me. The illustrations are detailed and colorful, and the setting is fun. A great Christmas story; I'll give the book 5 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment