Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Um, Let's See

So, my vacation to California was awesome. I picked shells on Manhattan Beach, visited my dad's parents, went to Disneyland, and visited Neel and his adorable and chubby little baby sister Maya.

My vacation was good, but the trouble started as soon as we got to the Los Angeles airport. Yousee, we planned to take a plane from Los Angeles to San Francisco, and a plane from there to home. But there was air traffic, and our first flight was like, 30-60 minutes late. 

After waiting we got on the plane with no problem (my UNCLE got of a plane at LAX just as our plane pulled away! My uncle lives in Missouri!) There was a lot of turbulance while we were on the plane, so it was a little bumpy. On the plane, our ears were popping and the flight attendant had this horrible cheesiness on her face. My dad sprained his ankle and had it laying out in the aisle.

Her (with a smile and a giggle with NO sarcasm.): Sir, are you trying to hurt somebody?

Dad: I have a sprained ankle. (He removes his ankle from the aisle.)

Mom: His ankle is sore. 

Her (with a smile and a giggle with NO sarcasm.): No, no. Leave your ankle out there if it's sore. I'll just hop over it. It'll be good exercise for me. My daily exercise. Go on.

Dad: Um, no, that's okay.

Her (with a smile and a giggle with NO sarcasm.): Okay, then. Suit yourself! Hee Hee! (She walks 
away.)

Dad: Um...

Okay... 
Anyway, after we got off the flight we hurried, and hurried and hurried...

Only to find out the connecting flight  had already left at 4:50, and it was around 5:20. Thank you United Airlines, for your sorry excuse of a schedule. We found out from a woman in line behind us for customer service help that she, too had missed the flight, and had been walking around the airport looking for the correct gate. The employees had been giving her incorrect information! Uh, I now hate United. I LOVE SouthWest Airlines. They just, well, get you there. Now, my brother is running out of gluten and dairy free food and my my mom can't eat a lot of what's here since she can't have sugar.


My parents say we have a NEW plane plan.


Old Plane Plan


Los Angeles - San Francisco - Home


New Plane Plan


San Francisco - New Jersey - Home

My parents received food tickets. We walked to a chain of Japanese restaurants.I got California rolls with chopsticks. My dad...

Oh, my dad just sat down and hurt his injured ankle. OUCH! I hope it feels better soon. 

As I was saying, my dad got Miso soup, some veggies, and some noodles with imitation crab. I had some of his food.

After we ate, we walked to a new gate. next to it there is a children's play area. I found two "office" cubes near our seats, and now, I, Priya, am typing this post from an airport cubicle. Today is so weird.






No comments:

Post a Comment